This week we’ve attended the Digital Content Summit 2015, needlees to say it’s been amazing! So here’s our selection of #DCS2015 best tips, advices and quotes.
The first one is from Alona Elkayam, The Brandinista. She talked about her experience as a Managing Creative Director at Marriott, explaining the process behind the creation, the development and the launch of Marriott Traveler.
Paul Squires, Head of Sales at Feefo said that the 3 website must haves are video content, unique content and user generated content.
Here are his 5 amazing tips on how to create excellent user generated content:
1) Ask your customers for feedback
2) Ask service and product
3) Share socially
4) Use a Google Partner
5) Be transparent – Respond asap
Now, a great quote from Susanna Flood, Director of Media at Amnesty International
Simon Swan, Head of Digital Marketing at Met Office and his Key Takeaways for Creating a Digital Knowledge Centre
Lunch time! Many thanks to Benugo for providing great food.
Time to get back to the speeches!
Great advice from Pleasance Coddington, Head of Content at Momondo Group.
During the “How to increase views of your content and build a stronger community” discussion she also said that “The goal is not to build a community, the goal is building a loyal community”. We couldn’t agree more!
David Jenkinson, Managing Director and Editor in Chief of C21 Media gave us 10 tips for success in digital content
1) Create one nimble editorial team that works across everything
2) Create a flexible working environment to meet your needs
3) Use your own content as source for more content protected by windows
4) Use audio to create daily shows
5) Use iPads and video sharing sites to create as-live event coverage
6) Be friendly with the native
7) Do print and iPad in Pro
8) Web products can be built around small teams with smart content agenda that don’t break the bank
9) Be everywhere
10) Engage everywhere
Last but not least, another great advice from John Van Pijkeren, Digital Analytics Consultant at Heineken International BV.